The Call for 100 VASES Exhibition part of DesignTo Festival 2020 is Open Now!
It is our mandate to showcase 100 ceramic vases by 100 Toronto artists, makers and designers who embrace clay in their practice.
- Must be working in the GTA (including Toronto, Durham, Halton, Peel and York Region and Hamiltion)
- Both emerging and established artists and designers are welcome.
- If you are a designer, your work can be produced by a local maker & maker must be credited in submission.
- Fresh, contemporary work that represents a range of aesthetics, techniques, and sensibilities.
- Solid execution, scale, originality, cleverness and innovation are definitely bonuses
- Submitted work must be completed, sketches and works in progress will not be accepted.
- Each applicant can submit up to 3 pieces.
- Image format in jpeg or pdf, must not exceed 1MB. Make sure your image(s) is labeled as followed: “100vases_lastname_firstname_worknumber.format.” For example: 100vases_smith_jane_vase1.pdf.
Can I apply if I am outside the GTA (or neighbouring cities)?
Can I sell my work at the exhibit?
All work will be for sale at the exhibit. A 10% sales commission will be applied on each sale. The price submitted may be subject to increase by jury.
I am a designer, can I submit work produced by someone else?
If you are a designer, your work can be produced by a local maker. Maker must be credited in submission.
How do I apply?
Applications are done exclusively online. The deadline to apply for the show is January 3rd at 11:59pm (est). We cannot consider applications after this deadline.
What are the application fees?
Application fee is $20.
All application fees are non-refundable.
Why do I have to pay to apply?
Application fee goes towards the administrative costs of running the jurying process, the exhibition installation, exhibit reception, promotional cost, photography and online catalogue. Application fee is non-refundable.
How is the work selected?
A jury is assembled of 100 VASES exhibition founders as well as guest jurors from the Toronto arts community.
When will I know if I have been accepted?
Jury results will be finalized January 10th, 2020. Accepted makers will be notified via email.
When do I drop off my work?
Selected work(s) must be dropped off at The Shop (1485 Dupont Street, unit 113) on January 23 (9am - 7pm)
Why wasn't my application accepted?
Please do not take this personally! While we wish there was space for everyone, the jurying process aims to select a diverse range of work.